The admiral Hipper was the lead ship of the admiral hipper class heavy cruiser which served with the Kriegsmarine of German during world war II. Hipper was the first of five ships of her class. Two others, Blucher and Prinz Eugen, were completed and served with the Kriesgmarine in WWII. A fourth, Lutzow, was sold to Soviet Union in 1939 before completion and a fifth, Seydlitz, was to be converted into an aircraft carrier but was never completed. Kit consists of 418 parts on 12 sprues plus lower and upper hulls, deck, waterline plate two, two AAR-196 planes and a display stand. Phot etched handrails and antennas are included. Completed kit measure almost 2 feet long!