SAAB AJ 37 Viggen “Attack Version” 1/48 - Updated edition
Contents of the kit: eight grey styrene sprues, one clear plastic sprue, pre-coloured photo etches, decal sheet and full-colour instruction booklet. The decals cater for three machines, two of which wear camouflage scheme, the third one is in bare metal:
AJ 37 7-62, c/n 37062, call sign Gustav 62, F7 wing, Såtenäs, the 1990s. 7-62 was fitted with a later style of the ventral fin and also an air intake in the centre line pylon.
AJ 37 7-22, c/n 37022, call sign Gustav 22, F7 wing, Satenäs, 1973. During the visit at Buchel in West Germany where an air show took place in September 1973, JBG 33 and JBG 36 squadron badges were put on the tail fin. 7-22 featured a ventral fin of the early variety which was fitted to the first production AJ 37s. There were also two air intakes below the fuselage.
AJ 37 15-10, c/n 37051, F15 wing, Söderhamn, 1978. With the starboard air intake replaced with an unpainted part, it was displayed at F10 Änngelholm during an air show in June 1978. Note the two smaller underbelly air intakes and a later style ventral fin.
- detailed and highly accurate model, arguably the very best 1/48 SAAB 37 Viggen ever available
- pre-coloured photo etches
- colour options show various styles of camouflage schemes
- accurate decals with wide range of stencils
- polyurethane resin sets are also available (as separate items) which will bring the level of detail even higher