- 2 underwing 37 mm BK cannons
- Pilot and co-pilot figures
- 4 piece canopy section
- Molded in light gray and clear
During World War II, the German military used the Stuka Dive Bomber as an extension of the artillery. Beginning in 1939 with the Polish campaign, the Stuka delivered pinpoint accurate bombing before artillery units were in place. The G-1 Tank Buster was the last version of the plane, and it played a significant role on the Eastern Front against Russian tanks.
In the early part of World War II, when the Luftwaffe controlled the skies, the Stuka was used very successfully. The ear-splitting screech of its sirens struck fear into the enemy troops. However, the Stuka was slow and light on weapons so, as the war progressed, these weaknesses made the Stuka less effective.